HEPA Filtration Helps Prevent Airborne Transmission of Infectious Diseases
A HEPA filter, high-efficiency particulate air filter, is used to describe a filter that exhibits a minimum efficiency of 99.97% at a test aerosol diameter of 0.3 micrometers, assuring a high level of protection against the transmission of airborne diseases. HEPA filtration is widely applied in laboratory, pharmaceutical, and healthcare environments, as well as in HVAC systems in commercial buildings and industrial facilities.
Filter Testing Ensures People, Processes and Products are Safe
The air filtration system is only as good as the filter. Qualification testing of HEPA filters is performed upon installation using visualization products, and periodic in situ testing is done to ensure that filters are in good operating condition, satisfying the required level of efficiency without any leaks.
HEPA Certification with DegreeC Foggers
Add DegreeC's visualization products to your certification team’s toolset to test HEPA filters, detect leaks, and monitor turbulence in ventilation systems. We offer FlowMarker™ and °C Breeze devices for airflow pattern testing, delivering the following performance benefits:
- Safe, sanitary, FDA-GRAS fog generators provide excellent flow visibility.
- Foggers are easy to operate, portable and lightweight.
- Testers can move around and evaluate airflow from different perspectives.
- A remote control system is available should users require hands free operation for lengthy setups.
- A wide selection of nozzle types and extensions are available to meet distinct application needs such as:
- Direct fog through small orifices for hard to reach ingress and leakage points
- Enhanced visualization for low velocity applications
- Planar fog flow for face velocity testing of chemical fume hoods
VIDEO: Fog Generators for HEPA Filter Certification
Airflow Products for HEPA Filter Testing
The FlowMarker™ is a portable, lightweight fogger for air flow patter visualization testing. Generating fog at ambient temperature, the FlowMarker™ does not serve as a heat source and does not cause air to rise, but its fog follows the natural undisturbed movements of air.
The F-Series is a platform of non-directional air velocity and temperature sensors optimized for demanding applications including laboratory, HVAC, high-performance electronics, and more. The micro-sized particles provide excellent air flow visibility without premature settling or dispersion.
DegreeC manufactures both instrumentation-class airflow sensors and sensors embedded in some of the world's most demanding products. These airflow monitoring solutions are for electronics, laboratory, building, and industrial safety applications to bring air precisely where it's needed. We also develop custom fan and heater controllers for OEM applications.
Having joined DegreeC in 2009, Jan has over a decade of experience consulting professionals in a wide range of industries on methods for using airflow sensors and instrumentation to collect data for testing and analysis.