Better Cooling and Cost Savings
Data centers need sufficient cool air, and data center performance is more efficient and reliable with balanced cooling. The portable °C Grate airflow measurement tool is specifically designed for quickly testing airflow rates over perforated floor tiles in data centers, office spaces and laboratory environments.
°C Grate provides accuracy to critical airflow environments. Unlike balometers or capture hoods, the °C Grate has a zero impedance measurement architecture and does not impart any back pressure to a floor tile under test. Restricting the flow of any one tile, like a common flow hood will do, forces airflow through neighboring tiles, and thus creates erroneous measurements. Reference whitepaper Anemometric Tool for Air Flow Rate Measurement Through Perforated Tiles in a Raised Floor Data Center, DegreeC partnered with Georgia Institute of Technology, for instrumentation validation.
Validating CFD Models of the Data Center
The portable °C Grate sensor assembly creates real‐time gradient mapping of the floor tile for both air velocity and air temperature, and provides a reading of total volumetric flow through the tile:
- The °C Grate is useful in validating CFD models of the critical facility, and can verify both volumetric airflow AND the flow velocity & temperature simultaneously.
- The °C Grate is useful in evaluating the disruption of flow uniformity from underfloor obstructions such as conduit and cabling.
- The °C Grate is useful in determining adequacy of volume and temperature of cool air delivered to the rack.
- The °C Grate allows the user to complete a full room level analysis with volumetric flow result for every tile.
- The °C Grate resolves each perforated tile into a grid of 16 readings of velocity and temperature, and then calculates the total volumetric flow.
VIDEO: Data Center Airflow & Temperature Measurement
Airflow Products for Data Center Analysis
°C Grid is a comprehensive, multi-scalar solution versatile enough for any application where airflow and thermal conditions must be measured, mapped or managed. With our °C Grid Sensor Array, airflow, ambient temperatures, and humidity can be measured and recorded at multiple points in real-time.
With the DegreeC portfolio of sanitary, FDA-GRAS fog generators and accessories, certifiers, pharmacy managers, engineers, and HVAC technicians can detect leaks, test HEPA filters, and monitor turbulence in ventilation systems with greater safety and precision than toxic alternatives such as smoke sticks.
DegreeC manufactures both instrumentation-class airflow sensors and sensors embedded in some of the world's most demanding products. These airflow monitoring solutions are for electronics, laboratory, building, and industrial safety applications to bring air precisely where it's needed. We also develop custom fan and heater controllers for OEM applications.
Having joined DegreeC in 2009, Jan has over a decade of experience consulting professionals in a wide range of industries on methods for using airflow sensors and instrumentation to collect data for testing and analysis.